How to import my Airtable base into Abyssale
Your Airtable records can now be quickly and easily imported on Abyssale! Let's dive into it:
1. Add your Airtable API key
1. First go to Airtable & log in
2. Click on your avatar (top right of the window) and then click on "Account" :
3. On your Account Settings page, you'll find an "API" area. Click on "Generate API Key" & copy the given key (by clicking on the input).
4. Go to app.abyssale.com & log in.
5. Go to your Abyssale account Settings -> Connect -> Airtable; Paste your Airtable API Key in the input field and click the "Save your key" button.
Your Airtable account is now connected to Abyssale.
2. How to import my Airtable base now?
Once your API key has been successfully added to your Abyssale account.
1. Go to app.abyssale.com > "Templates"
2. Click on one of your Template (if you don't have one you can use one from our library -> by clicking on " Templates Library", then "Show template" and "Use Template")
3. Click on "Generate banners"
4. There are multiple creation methods available including "Airtable base import". To import your Airtable data click "Select":
5. A popup window will appear asking for your Base ID & Table Name:
6. To find those 2 parameters, go to Airtable.com & open the base you would like to import.
7. Then click on "Help" (top right of your window) and "API Documentation":
8. You will be redirected to the API documentation of your current base. (Beware: each Airtable "Base" has a dedicated page).
On this page, you will find your Base ID & your list of tables. You can see an example below:
- My base ID is: "appThpfy53ajjFt4X"
- My Table name is "How to"
Just copy the information you have on your page into the Abyssale popup window and Click "Fetch Data".
9. If everything has been done properly, a mapping will be displayed in the popup window (all checkboxes are unselected by default).
10. Here you need to check your Abyssale layers (from your template) that you would like to populate with a column extracted from your Airtable base. To do that, just enable the desired layers, and select on the right side which columns you would like to map.
When fetching your data, Abyssale is guessing which kind of column you have. That's why you don't see all columns on all selected fields. "image_urls" will only contain image fields, "color" & "background_color" only hexadecimal (#FFFFFF) color fields...
Once you have done your mapping, click on "Create feed".
11. Your feed will be created and you will be redirected to it.
12. You can now edit all your data & start generating banners from them.